Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tragedy In NC

We interrupt Marlon's dedication post in celebration of his birthday to bring you this important post. We will celebrate him later because this year on his birthday tragedy struck our state.
OMG!!!....
I live in North Carolina and unless you have been living under a rock you will know that our state and more specifically my local counties were hit with dozens of super cell tornadoes this past Saturday. The last totals were over 60 tornadoes! It was outta control. Me personally, I live in Fuquay and my town was spared but the towns surrounding me, where I work and have family were ravaged. Here are some pics to put it all into perspective.





The current stats are ----22 dead 130 injured. Hundreds without homes. It is a sad time here while people try to rebuild their homes and lives. For once in my life I am feeling very lucky. I have my own personal experience from that day that I will share in a separate post. Please pray for those effected, they need it. Here are a couple videos that really show the damage.


6 comments:

  1. Oh Roc I am so happy to hear you are okay.
    For some reason when I was watching all this Raleigh news I didn't put 2 + 2 together and that you live close by there.
    I am happy you are all well and safe. (((Hugs))) to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear that you and your family are safe and sound. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our area is still trying to recover from our tonadoes of a few months ago. Like you I didn't have any problems but other people got wiped out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are doing fine and no damage at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's 7pm here and we have a line of storms coming through that has already generated several tonadoes. This is going to be a fun spring time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's horrible. I've seen the coverage on the news. :(

    So glad that you're okay!

    ReplyDelete