Friday, March 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Mason


Recent pic from the zoo

10 years ago in this very day I had my LAST son,  Mason. By all accounts Mason is a sweetheart. He is adorable and talented, kindhearted and sensitive. He is so much like his dad. That fact often causes rifts between Mason and I but I love him endlessly. Mason can sing. Mason can dance. Mason makes friends easily and has a way with the ladies. Mason is regretfully the child that I am least close to, so in addition to whatever birthday surprises I conjure up for him his true present will be that this year I secretly vow to be more patient and understanding and loving towards Mason. For he is an awesome kid and my life would not be the same without him.

7 comments:

  1. He sounds like a great kid Roc. What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peg- The problem is all me. After much evaluating and reflecting I think that it's just that I have teens that are always providing me with new experiences and are pretty self- sufficient and helpful. Then I have a baby princess only girl and she's a baby. So Mason being the third boy well he just gets lost in the shuffle. He can be very needy and whiney and he's not a very hard worker. But I think I forget that he's 10 and maybe I hold him up to a higher standard. Again the problem is mine and I own it. I have to be more attentive and loving towards Mason. He totally deserves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is so sweet!! It kind of made me want to cry, though. You are least close to him? Does he know that? :( I hope this is the year that that all changes! (BTW, I love your profile pic. So pretty!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy BD Mason -- your 'present' sounds like one of the best things one could give a kid...loved your memory of his birth -- for cryen' out loud -- that nurse sounded like a dope...

    ReplyDelete